Today only deal
Only $299.99 shipped (List Price: $718)
Saving Money on Insurance Costs
I’m currently looking into ways to lower my current car insurance costs without compromising coverage.
Has it been a while since you shopped around for car insurance? There is a very good chance that you are paying too much for your insurance and could get a better rate as well.
If you believe you are overpaying for your current insurance, this is a reminder that there are savings (of several hundred dollars a year) to be had out there. I’ve found that the more insurance companies you compare, the more savings and better coverage you are able to find.
Every little bit helps!
The following are some tips that will be covered in this post:
- Ask about discounts
- Compare rates / shop around for different quotes
- Raise your deductible
- Reduce coverage
Lowering Insurance Costs – Tip #1 – Ask About Discounts
Ask About Discounts
“It cant hurt to ask.”
There are plenty of auto insurance discounts out there to help you lower your car insurance rates.
But what type of discounts may be available? I’ve compiled a list below.
- Car Safety Features
- Examples include Antilock brakes and Antitheft devices
- Multi Car
- If you insure more than one car on the same policy
- Multi Policy
- If you buy multiple policies from the same insurer (home and car insurance, for example)
- Accident Free/Prevention
- Some insurers offer discounts for taking Defensive Driving courses
- Good Student Discounts
- Applies to high school and college students getting good grades
- Some insurers offer discounts for keeping your annual mileage low (Usually 15,000 or less miles/year)
- Senior citizens
- Eligible for drivers usually over the age of 55
- Group / Associations
- Some insurers partner with various associations to give discounts to members
- Safe / Good Driver
- For drivers with no traffic violations or accident claims. Insurers usually look at the last three years of your driving record to make a determination.
- Plug a monitoring device in your car track driving habits (i.e. Progressive’s Snapshot)
- Defensive Driving courses
- Lower portions of your auto insurance by up to 10% for 3 years
- Paid in Full
- Discount for paying entire premium at once
- Home renovation
- New electrical and plumbing systems, for example
- New roof
- New home
- If home was built in the past 15 years
- Non smokers
- Discounts for having no smokers living in the home
- Energy-efficient features
- Home safety features
Lowering Insurance Costs – Tip #2 – Bundle
If you currently have your auto, home, or life insurance from different insurers, you are probably missing out on a discount.
Put simply, if you bundle policies from a single company, they’re very likely to offer you a multi-policy discount of an average of about 8%.
Having the same insurance provider for your homeowners and auto insurance could save you a few hundred dollars a year. That number varies depending on where you live, though, according to a study from insuranceQuotes.
This is one of the smartest and easiest ways to save money (and time!) on insurance.
Lowering Insurance Costs – Tip #3 – Compare Rates
Compare Rates / Shop Around
This step will save you some money, but may be the most time consuming.
It is recommended that you get at least three price quotes from different companies. These can typically be obtained online (websites like Progressive.com, InsuranceQuotes.com, and CoverHound.com) if you aren’t a phone person. Some upfront information will be needed in order for the rates to be determined.
If you’re already insured, assess how much current coverage you have so you can compare against new policies. Know your vehicles safety features, how many miles you drive each year, claims history, etc.
If you’re unhappy with your current insurer, it is wise to tell them that you’re considering a switch. They may offer you a discounted rate in order to keep you as a customer. If you do decide to switch, be sure not to cancel until you get another policy.
This is something you should be doing every few years even if you’re happy with your current provider, in order to make sure you’re getting a competitive rate. You get little benefit from sticking with the same insurer year in and year out. Not browsing for other policies could cost you more in the long run, even if you believe you are paying less than you were before.
In New York, Progressive tends to be cheaper for singles and couples, while Geico or Travelers tends to cheaper for families with teens
Consider comparison shopping on TheZebra.com, a site that offers estimates from a large number of insurers
Consider also using an independent insurance agent to help you find you the best deals on the coverage that’s right for you
Only $199.96 shipped (regularly $279.96)
Includes special-edition storm gray Xbox One S 500GB console, matching Xbox One Wireless Controller and full game download of Battlefield 1
Microsoft Xbox One S 500GB Forza Horizon Bundle only $199.99
All-New Amazon Devices (Available For Pre-Order) ⇒
- All-New Echo – The hands-free speaker you can control with your voice. Just ask the Alexa Voice Service to play music, make calls, provide instant news and weather updates, and more. This new generation Echo is available in multiple colors and features expertly tuned speaker quality at a significantly reduced price ($99.99).
- Echo Plus – Everything you love about Echo plus a built-in smart home hub. Starting a smart home or integrating with an existing system is now easier than ever with the built-in smart hub and simple setup for compatible connected devices.
- The All-New Fire TV – Connects you to a world of entertainment. With a compatible 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) TV, read readers can watch as thousands of movies and shows come to life in brilliant colors and detailed contrast. Plus, the Alexa Voice Remote can easily find, launch, and control content. For a limited time, you can get up to $45 in digital content from Amazon Video, Hulu, and Showtime when you register your Fire TV.
⇒ Fire TV Bundles & Deals
- Fire TV + HD Antenna Bundle -$14.99 Off Pre-Order Bundle, with special pricing available now through 10/7.
- Fire TV + Echo Dot –$39.99 Off Pre-Order Bundle, with special pricing available now through 10/7.
- Fire TV Stick + Echo Dot – $29.99 Off Bundle, with special pricing available now through 10/7.
Only $249.99 (regularly $299.99)
+ New customers can get 15% off their first three purchases of $35+ with code SPRING15 at checkout
Includes a new slim 500GB PlayStation 4 system, a matching DualShock 4 Wireless Controller, and Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End on Blu-ray disc.
More last minute gifts to consider!
> The $10 credit will be automatically applied to your account after the bundle has shipped and will be valid until 2/14/2017
> There is a limit of one promotional credit per customer
Get a $50 The Children’s Place eGift Card for just $40 when you use the code CP10 at checkout!
> Limit one per person
> eGift Card must be sold by ACI Gift Cards in order for the discount to apply
Get a $50 Regal Cinemas eGift Card for just $40 when you use the code REGAL10 at checkout!
Get a $50 JCPenney eGift Card for just $40 when you use the code JCP10 at checkout!
Get a $50 TGI Friday’s eGift Card for only $40 when you use the code TGI10 at checkout!
Only $249.99 shipped!