Applications/Channels: Over 200,000 TV episodes and movies, millions of songs, and hundreds of games. Enjoy over 15,000 apps, games, and Alexa skills including Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, YouTube, Amazon Video, NBC, WatchESPN, Disney, and more.
- Easy to set up – may be the easiest of all of them
- Voice-search feature (Amazon Instant only)
- Very fast streaming
- Full parental controls
- Gaming capabilities
- Alexa powered voice remote
- Uncustomizable UI
- Not as extensive library as Roku
- Amazon-centric – favorability towards Amazon content
Amazon Fire TV is a media hub with a high powered processor. It is best for Amazon Prime members who already pay $99 for a membership. It provides access to many streaming services but give priority to Amazon’s own content. Fire TV comes registered to your Amazon account, so all you have to do is plug it in and connect to your network.