Daily Archive: Wednesday, January 4, 2017
So its a new year, which means a fresh start with new goals and ambitions 🙂
Don’t fret — Money Saving Quest is here to help you with your financial-related goals!
The first challenge for this year is one that lies dear to our core: the 365 Day Challenge. It is a spin on the 52 week money saving challenge. Although there are many variations out there, I will be trying the one outlined here (and I hope you will, too!) by SavingAdvice.com, as people from all different financial situations can participate. Here are the details and resources you will need:
365 Day Challenge
How it works
- Each morning (yes, everyday!) pay yourself first an amount from 1¢ to $3.65.
- Doing so on a daily basis requires you to think about it each day, and thus, make it a habit.
- After paying yourself, “X” out the amount on the printable challenge chart (see below).
- Pay any remaining amounts the following day.
- Continue doing so for 365 days
Tips / Resources
- Place your challenge sheet in a place where it will act as a reminder each day
- You can pay in order or out of order, whichever you prefer.
- If paying in order, it will look like this:
Day 1: 1 cent
Day 2: 2 cents
Day 100: 1.00
Day 365: 3.65
- You can create a jar that will be used solely to hold the savings (coins and bills)
- Another great idea is to transfer/deposit directly into your savings account
- Only if there are no fees associated with doing so
- There are some mobile apps out there that can help with the process:
(click on image to enlarge & print)
After the 365 days, you will have saved a total of $667.95. This is a good amount to start an emergency fund, use towards home improvements, etc.
Once completed, you are likely to continue on with this as it will become a daily habit 🙂
Comment with any saving tips/tricks that you find helpful
“It’s Not How You Save – It’s That You Save”
Here are the goodies that were included in the boxes from the past few months:
Deal expires January 6th, 2017
+ For a limited time only, you can score a FREE Large 1-Topping Pizza after you buy any Pizza and pay with VISA Checkout.
= This means you can get 2 Pizzas for just $10 after using both offers!
Hurry, offer ends tonight
+ For a limited time only, you can get FREE standard shipping when you pay with VISA Checkout – no promos code needed!
Save Up to 50% Off on Smartypants Vitamins on Amazon!
Note: Many of the participating items are also available for Subscribe & Save which will save you an additional 5% and give you free shipping!
Never forget to change your air filters again! FilterEasy delivers your air filters when it’s time to change them, at a cost that’s less than you’ll find at the store. Sign up now and receive $20 Off your first purchase. As a bonus, shipping is FREE which means you can get a single air filter at no cost.
You are signing up for a monthly subscription for these air filters by getting in on this offer. However, you can cancel easily at anytime without penalty or even delay your next filter shipment. To cancel, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be charged $0.00 for your first order (as shown above) and then $11.97, $15.97 or $19.97 every 2 months (depending on which filter you choose).