Daily Archive: Monday, July 11, 2016
Charmin Essentials Soft Toilet Paper 12-double rolls – possibly on clearance for just $1 (reg. $4.97)
Use the $1/1 Charmin Basic or Essentials Soft or Strong (12ct or larger) coupon to get it for FREE!
Item ID #52774216
Limited Time Only
FurReal Friends Pom Pom My Baby Panda Pet – $15 shipped
Amazon Prime Day is tomorrow (Tuesday, July 12th)
What exactly is Prime Day?
Think Amazon Black Friday, but in July. Amazon will be offering over 100,000 exclusive deals on July 12th to Amazon Prime members ONLY. If you aren’t a Prime member, you can sign up for a free 30 day trial here.
Members in the US can shop starting at midnight PT. New deals will be continuously added (every 5 minutes or so) throughout the day, spanning across various categories and departments.
Taking advantage of Prime Day is extremely simple: just visit Amazon on the 12th and you’ll see images and notifications letting you know that thousands of items are marked as deals. Shop as you normally would, as no special steps are required.
If you’re thinking of taking part, you’ll save money and time by planning ahead. I’ve added some tips to consider below:
Make a list
The key here is to buy only what you need and save money, and not to splurge on stuff just because it’s a good deal. A list will help to do so, putting you in a better position to evaluate deals as they pop up.
What bigger-ticket items or household items do you need over the next six months? Create a list of these on a piece of paper or use Google Docs with the following additional information:
- Brands, makes, models of these items
- Make sure to read product reviews
- Current ballpark prices of these items from various websites
If there’s a particularly good deal to be had on a product you’ve been watching, by all means go for it. It might even be wise to get some of your Christmas shopping done early 🙂
Check Out Amazon Competitors
Amazon won’t be the only company offering sales this on Prime Day, as many others will be getting on the action. This list includes other major retailers like Walmart, Target, and Best Buy. For example, Walmart had deals of up to 50% off thousands of items last time, as well as free shipping on orders over $35.
Use the Amazon Shopping App
It can be a real challenge to keep up with all the deals on Prime Day. Fortunately, the Amazon Shopping App is here to help. This app lets you track upcoming deals and notifies you right before they go live. The following are other great features:
- Fast & Better search capability
- Voice & Image Search options, better filtering function and better keyword suggestions
- Shipment tracking
- Managing your shopping and wish list easily
It is available on both Android and iOS.
How do you know if the deals are genuine (really a bargain)? Be sure to check out CamelCamelCamel. This website allows you to look at an item’s price history on Amazon. You can view my write up on this tool here.
Approach every deal with a little skepticism – don’t assume Prime Day offers the best price.
Find a shopping buddy
Prime Day can be overwhelming, so don’t go at it alone. Find a buddy to help out or visit a site such as www.reddit.com/r/primedaydeals. I’ll be posting various deals throughout the day as well!
Deals Deals Deals
Amazon says it’ll heavily discount more than 100,000 things on Prime Day.
Here are the type of deals we can expect:
- Expect Amazon to plug its Kindle, Kindle Fire and Fire products heavily
- Last year, Amazon ran discounts between 30% and 45% for most of their own products, and it seems reasonable to expect similar discounts (or even better) this time around
- Amazon is also promising savings of “up to 40%” on a Kindle Unlimited membership
- Expect to see lots of TV and toy deals
- Amazon will offer nearly twice the number of TVs compared to Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined
- Amazon will be offering toy deals “nearly all day”
- Amazon will offer Alexa-powered specials
- If you own an Amazon Echo, Dot or Tap, you might be able to score some exclusive deals
Prime Day is a unique opportunity to discover new items and great deals, on top of our already low prices. Following last year’s record sales, we have dramatically increased the inventory behind many deals. In fact, in the U.S. we have nearly double the TV units compared to Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President Amazon Prime. “Even with this massive selection we know many of the Prime Day offers will sell out, so members should download the Amazon shopping app to receive notifications.
Here are some other deal previews:
- Hisense 32 inch 720 p LED TV with Fire TV Stick – $119.99
- Ultimate James Bond Blue Ray collection – $89.99
- Acer KA240H bd 24-inch Full HD monitor – $89.99
- Silverback 60 inch In-Ground Basketball System – $499.99
- Croc shoes – $12.50-37.49
- Black and Decker 20V drill/driver project kit – $49
- AmazaPens Gel Pens 30 Top Quality Coloring Pens – $19.99
- TOTU Stainless Steel Link Curb Chain Necklace with Bracelet – $12.50
..and some of last years deals:
- Amazon Echo for $129 (28% off)
- Amazon Fire HD 7 Tablet for $79 (43% off)
- Amazon Basic 6-Inch Kindle for $49 (38% off)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick for $24 (40% off)
- Samsung 50-Inch 4K Smart LED TV for $999 (22% off)
- iRobot Roomba 595 Pet Vacuum for $249 (34% off)
- Bose SoundTrue On-Ear Headphones for $79 (47% off)
Types of deals:
- Prime Day Spotlight Deals
- Feature top brands and popular items with deep discounts that last until they run out of stock
- These are the best deals you’ll find on Prime Day
- Amazon Lightning Deals
- A promotion that lasts for a short time, usually just a few hours
- When a Lightning Deal is available, you’ll see the following on the product page:
- A status bar indicator showing the percentage of items held by others
- A timer showing how long you have to add the deal to your Cart
- Prime Savings and Deals
- Promotions that run all day or within Prime Day
- When you browse the Prime Day Deals page for Prime Member promotions, click the See Details button to view the discount amount
Get A FREE $5 Amazon Gift Card!
Amazon is offering Prime members a FREE $5 Amazon Gift Card to customers that sign in to the Amazon App for the very FIRST time.
Go here then log in to your Amazon account to see if you’re eligible.
Not a Prime member?
- First go here and sign up for an account (must be a new member to be eligible for this deal*)
- Once registered, go back to the previous link and click on the “Get Cashback” button
- TopCashback will redirect you to Walmart.com where you will purchase one pack of Luvs Super Absorbent Disposable Diapers for $15.97 with free store pick-up if available at a store near you
- Within 21 days, $18 (enough to cover the diapers AND sales tax) will be credited straight to your checking or PayPal account
*This offer is available to new TopCashback members only. However as TopCashback doesn’t limit accounts to one per household, if you’re an existing member now’s the perfect time to tell your husband or wife, mom or dad, roommate, neighbor, friend or anyone else about TopCashback and perhaps they’ll share their freebie with you! Ask them to sign-up through your Tell-A-Friend link and you’ll earn $10 for each new TopCashback member who goes on to take out this free diapers deal.