Monthly Archive:: February 2016
Hurry, this won’t last long!
Head over here and fill out your details to request a FREE Bumkins Waterproof Starter Bib
29% off AEO | Aerie Collections
USE CODE: LEAPYEAR
Build a Bear
Hard Rock Cafe
FREE entree from their Leaplings Eat Free menu to anyone who celebrates their birthday today
Buy any 1 dozen doughnuts and get 1 dozen glazed doughnuts for only $2.29
Click on the “Get Offer” button located here to print coupon
Use code LEAPDAY
Text the word HUNGER to 35350 and Sam’s Club will donate 12 meals to your local food bank!
So its a new year, which means a fresh start with new goals and ambitions 🙂
Don’t fret — Money Saving Quest is here to help you with your financial-related goals!
The first challenge for this year is one that lies dear to our core: the 365 Day Challenge. It is a spin on the 52 week money saving challenge. Although there are many variations out there, I will be trying the one outlined here (and I hope you will, too!) by SavingAdvice.com, as people from all different financial situations can participate. Here are the details and resources you will need:
365 Day Challenge
How it works
- Each morning (yes, everyday!) pay yourself first an amount from 1¢ to $3.65.
- Doing so on a daily basis requires you to think about it each day, and thus, make it a habit.
- After paying yourself, “X” out the amount on the printable challenge chart (see below).
- Pay any remaining amounts the following day.
- Continue doing so for 365 days
Tips / Resources
- Place your challenge sheet in a place where it will act as a reminder each day
- You can pay in order or out of order, whichever you prefer.
- If paying in order, it will look like this:
Day 1: 1 cent
Day 2: 2 cents
Day 100: 1.00
Day 365: 3.65
- You can create a jar that will be used solely to hold the savings (coins and bills)
- Another great idea is to transfer/deposit directly into your savings account
- Only if there are no fees associated with doing so
- There are some mobile apps out there that can help with the process:
(click on image to enlarge & print)
After the 365 days, you will have saved a total of $667.95. This is a good amount to start an emergency fund, use towards home improvements, etc.
Once completed, you are likely to continue on with this as it will become a daily habit 🙂
Comment with any saving tips/tricks that you find helpful
“It’s Not How You Save – It’s That You Save”
Pre Order for $19.99 Today at Target.com and Get a $5 Gift Card!
Only $29.58 (List Price: $59.99)
Final Price: FREE